Click here for current
Youth Notes Newsletter
COLLEGE CARE PACKAGES
Through March 20 we collected items for both programs.
COLLEGE CARE PACKAGES -
We mailed 12 packages all over the country plus our local college students.
- FOOD ITEMS included things like:
Hot Cocoa (instant, single servings) / Coffee (Starbuck's VIA or 1-pot packs) / Tea bags / Gum / Mints / Cold Drink powder mixers / Candy bars (chocolate) / Instant Oatmeal / Microwavable Food / Meals (non-frozen) such as Mac & Cheese (individual servings) or Soup (instant - serving-in-container) / Small bags pretzels, chips / Ramen Noodles / Granola bars / Microwave Popcorn
- PERSONAL CARE
Chap Stick / Hand lotion / Shampoo / Cold Medication / Cough Drops
- USEFUL ITEMS
Thumb Drives / Pens / Sticky Notes / Highlighters
- FUN ITEMS
Stress Balls / Small Toys / Deck of Cards
- QUARTERS (for vending & laundry)
CITY REACH -
A group from East Longmeadow teamed up with Faith United from Chicopee for this year's trip to City Reach. We gathered what seemed like tons of clothing and other items. A big THANK YOU to all who donated.
- Carrying cases such as backpacks, tote bags, fanny packs, small suitcases w/wheels
- Toiletries such as bars of soap, shampoo, deodorant, hand and body lotion, chap stick, tooth paste, and shaving cream in small sizes, as well as tooth brushes and disposable razors, and tampons in small quantities.
- New white socks - Lots of these!!
- New underwear (again, there can never be too many and be sure to bring 80% of the underwear for men)
- New white T-shirts for men (XL-XXXL)
- Sleeping bags & blankets
- Sweat shirts and sweat pants (especially hooded sweatshirts)
- Sweaters, nylon jackets and pants, ponchos, and raincoats
- T-shirts or Long-sleeve shirts
- Jeans, khakis and other casual pants
- Waterproof boots, comfortable shoes, and sneakers
- Hats, waterproof gloves, coats, & belts
For more information about our youth program, please go to http://www.elumy.com. (site to be available soon)